- Marie-Anne Nason, Captain
- Judy Hnit, Vice Captain
- Terry L. Churchill, Secretary
- MJ Charman, Treasurer
Meeting was called to order at 9:00 am1. EXECUTIVE 2020
2. MISSION STATEMENT/CORE VALUES
- All nominated Executive members accepted the nominations and are confirmed members of the Executive of the Ladies League.
Discussion took place regarding developing a Mission Statement for the League and what the Core Values of the Ladies League are:
3. CLUB EXECUTIVE FORM
- To provide golf/social events for all lady members.
- Engage and encourage members to have fun and participate in golf at all levels.
- Encourage all members to participate in league and club events.
- Maintain a quality relationship with Sunset Ranch Golf and Country Club Society.
- Maintain a quality, positive relationship with the Golf Course Management and Proshop.
- Make Sunset Ranch Ladies League a fun club that others want to belong to.
- Promote SR Ladies Club within and outside SR
- Provide opportunities and vehicles for members to learn golf rules and etiquette and coordinate events such as putting, chipping clinics
4. REPORT FROM SUNSET RANCH GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB SOCIETY
- Zone 2 Club Executive form was filled out by Marie-Anne and forwarded to the Zone 2 representative.
- AGM for the Society was held on October 17th. Marie-Anne Nason and Judy Hnit attended the meeting as the designated representatives on the Board.
- Marie-Anne confirmed that she would forward the Executive Minutes to the President of the Board for all Executive Meetings.
- The president, Stan Watchorn confirmed that any concerns that relate to the golf course which need to be reported to Management, be sent to the Board through the Ladies League Captain.
- Question arose from Ladies Executive asking if the Society carries insurance for the Directors. Stan Watchorn confirmed that there is no insurance for Directors.
6. LADIES LEAGUE COMMITTEES
- Marilyn Steinhauer sent a request to the Ladies who regularly golf the Thursday League. The feedback which came back was that it would be preferred to have earlier tee times during the high heat months, July and August. The Thursday coordinators will work with the Proshop to see how to work with that request.
- Donna Steeg also is hoping to send a survey out to the Tuesday league participants.
- The Ladies League is also hoping to send a survey to all Ladies Members.
a) Tuesday Morning League
- Donna Steeg has agreed to continue to run that league and is welcoming members who might want to work with her in the hope of training for taking over in 2022.
b) Tuesday Business Ladies
- The Executive agreed that this league remains an event coordinated by the proshop.
c) Thursday Morning League
- Marilyn Steinhauer, June Klarenbeek, MJ Charman, Bea Yamoaka, Kathy Richdale will coordinate that league for 2021.
d) Welcome Committee
- Heather Perrie has volunteered to chair this committee and she looks forward to welcoming new members to our League. Lynda Braham will be working with Heather.
e) House/Social Committee
- Lea Ann Dent has agreed to take this committee and will coordinate the newsletter which we are planning to launch in November. Lea Ann will also coordinate the posters, and the bulletin board in the Ladies Locker room. Betty Watchorn has agreed to co-chair the Communications committee.
- Marie-Anne will work with the golf course and the past presidents to ensure that a comprehensive, effective email list is available for current membership.
g) Rules Chair
h) Handicap Chair
h) Junior Chair
- No Junior branch at this time.
i) Match Play
j) Interclub7. EVENTS
a) Christmas Luncheon
- Dale Copland has graciously offered to coordinate the Christmas Luncheon and we look forward to getting more details.
b) Annual Fundraiser
- It was determined that we do need an annual fundraiser and we will confirm with the Golf Course on being able to host an event and determine what the event will look like in 2021. The annual fundraiser is needed for the Club Championship event.
c) Welcome Reception
- We hope to host a Welcome Reception in the Spring and we will work with the Golf Course on determining how and when we can host it.
a) Ladies Classic
- Vallee Leyden is chairperson for that tournament and details should be coming in the New Year.
b) Ladies 2 Ball
- Diane Feist is planning to chair that tournament and details should also be coming in the New year.
c) Club Championship
- The timing of the tournament will be decided after the Executive meets with the Golf Course and a survey is sent to the members asking their preference for a date.
We hope to be able to plan and run a few more different events and tournaments for members next year.9. TREASURER’S REPORT
- Bank Account will remain at BMO Orchard Park. Diane Feist will coordinate the communication to the bank and MJ will get the paperwork updated at the bank. All 4 Executive members will be signing officers. Marie Anne Nason, Judy Hnit, Terry Churchill and MJ Charman will be signing officers.
- Confirmed that the Ladies Club funding is based on the year end membership of the previous year and that a fee of $3 is paid to Zone 2, the amount is based on the total Lady members. This fee is part of the $75 fee that all members pay as part of their annual dues and the Golf Course pays this amount on our behalf.
The Ladies Club Executive plans on holding quarterly meetings and will be inviting all Committee chairs to attend or send a report/feedback/comments to the Executive.
One of our goals is to write a Mission Statement for our League and if there are ladies who excel in that area, we would welcome the expertise.
We look forward to continue to operate a Ladies League in a fun, positive, inclusive and transparent environment.